Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fishing update

I came out here with virtually no clue on how they fish here and didn't have a rod or reel.  Pacific salmon get a lot bigger than ours 40 plus pounds is not uncommon. When I went to buy a rod  EVERY store was sold out of Salmon gear. I mean cleaned out nothing, nada.... not even the hooks and lead style they use were left. I bought a rod and reel that was way under equipped, but was catching sockeye on it.  Until it had a catastrophic failure. Dejected, I figured the fishing was over. I didn't really have the money for the first rod, let alone a second. My buddy John had his son bring down a inexpensive rod. It looked like it was for perch fishing, bass at best. I thanked him sincerely and was back in the game. MAYBE, just maybe I could land another Sockeye with it maybe..............BUT...........INSTEAD..........


.......my biggest Sockeye of the trip.

The biggest Chinook Salmon of my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment